2022 Hurricane Season
Prep your home and workplace for incoming storms.
Hurricane season runs from June to November every year and peaks in September. It’s important to review UF Health Jacksonville’s hurricane plan and policies as well as county disaster guides to prepare in advance.
Here are a few tips on preparing your home and family for a potential hurricane.
Discuss personal emergency plans with your family and create an evacuation plan
Buy supplies in advance and build a hurricane kit, which might include but is not limited to:
- Battery-operated radio
- Cooler and ice packs
- Enough water to last at least three days
- First-aid kit
- Lighter or matches
- Nonperishable food
- Personal hygiene and sanitation items
- Portable cell phone charger
- Special needs items, such as medications, pet supplies or baby supplies
- Waterproof container for cash and important documents
Secure your home
At UF Health Jacksonville, employees may be required to work during a hurricane. Review a list of items to bring as well as the hospital’s hurricane plan and policies on the Emergency Preparedness Bridge page.